- Conjunctivitis: (infective, dry eye, allergic), very common, sticky/gritty/itchy/stringy discharge, redness throughout entire sclera and both eye lids. Tx = topical chloramphenicol/lubricant/mast stabaliser.
- Episcleritis: irritation, sectorial redness (one side of iris only), no lid involvement. No Tx required
- Iritis (anterior uveitis): pain, moderate photophobia, redness of eye around cornea and constricted pupil. Tx topical corticosteroid and dilate
- Corneal keratitis: pain, sharp photophobia, watering, local redness and corneal discolouration. Tx topical antiviral
- Scleritis: severe pain, may increase on eye movement, intense redness in eye only. Tx: systemic eith corticosteroid and cytotoxic
- Acute angle closure glaucoma: pain, aching, vomiting, intense redness with large fixed pupil.
- Subconjunctival haemorrhage